Tuesday, September 25, 2012
SBIR/STTR Proposal Prep Workshop (NIH Focus)
09:30 AM - 05:30 PM
235 West Main St.
Charlottesville, VA , 22902
SBIR grants (Small Business Innovation Research) and it's sister STTR grant program (Small Business Technology Transfer) provide $150K - $1M in early stage R&D funding. 11 participating federal agencies use this program to fund early stage technology development that will help them solve their problems and meet their missions. $2.5B is available in this program, with the main purpose to commercialize the funded technology.
The Sept. 25 session in Charlottesville will provide detailed instruction on strategy and technical proposal preparation, with a focus on the National Institutes of Health (NIH). With over $500M available in their SBIR/STTR programs, the NIH SBIR/STTR programs allow for investigator initiated topics to be proposed and funded. From software development, training, IT, and new drugs, NIH funds a wide range of research with most topics proposed by the researcher.
• Strategic Planning - First, Do Your Homework
• SBIR/STTR program details
• Technological innovation and commercial merit - what this really means
• Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet Agency's mission and requirements
• How to do your intelligence work prior to writing the proposal
• Proposal Development -- Crafting a Fundable Proposal
• Planning tools for writing the proposal
• The SBIR/STTR review process - learn how to write the proposal to meet the reviewers' expectations
• Step-by-step process on how to write each section of a SBIR/STTR proposal
• Common problems and pitfalls and how to avoid them
• How Postdoctoral researchers can use SBIR/STTR to continue research as they leave the university
• Post-Award Administration - What to do once you learn you are going to be funded (and what to do next if you learn you are not)
Virginia Based Technology Firms: $90
Virginia based University researchers & personnel: $50
Non-Virginia Based Firms and university researchers: $175
Sept. 25, Charlottesville
235 West Main St., Charlottesville, VA 22902
Contact Deana Nowell of the Omni at 434-817-6626 to reserve a room for $149 per night. Rate good for Sept. 24 and 25.
Export to Outlook